Representative Projects and Publications
• “’Get It in Writing’: New Survey Reveals Paradoxes About Workplace Writers,” co-authored with Dr. Wilma Davidson, published on WRITING COMMONS website, September 2014 (also published as a chapter in A Rhetorical Approach to Workplace Writing Practices, 2nd edition; XanEdu, Acton, MA; 2015; ISBN 978-158390-299-8)
• Communications consulting and website design/publishing for "Hills For County Commission" campaign, http://www.clenecehills.net, Douglas County, Kansas (May-November, 2008)
• Editing of public documents for Bee Ridge Neighborhood Council regarding real estate and community development plans (July 2007)
• Teaching PROFESSIONAL WRITING, ADVANCED TECHNICAL WRITING, PROFESSIONAL EDITING, EXPOSITORY WRITING, and ADVANCED COMPOSITION at the University of South Florida, Sarasota/Manatee Campus (Fall 2003 to present)
• GILCHRIST FAMILY WEBSITE: Multi-page site featuring family tree, reunion information, and photos (2002)
• BOOK ON TRANSFORMATIVE LOGISTICS: Am serving as editor of a guide to supply-chain management addressed to senior executives in large companies. (In progress.)
• CASE STUDY AND WHITE PAPER ON ACTIVITY-BASED COSTING AND MANAGEMENT, CAP GEMINI ERNST & YOUNG: Writer and editor of two pieces explaining the techniques and benefits of this approach to managing supply-chain operations in light of major hospital organizations and the distributors supplying them. (2000-2002)
• "GETTING IT RIGHT," BANK OF MONTREAL: Chief copywriter preparing background information and a training script for change management workshops developed by The Grove Consultants International for the Bank of Montreal. These materials have been presented to 20,000 of this major bank's employees in 2001. CLICK HERE FOR PDF FILE. (If necessary, click HERE to obtain Adobe Acrobat Reader software free of charge.)
• SCOPE VISIONING PROCESS, SARASOTA, FLORIDA: Writer of community profile for 1999-2000 visioning workshops conducted for a comprehensive, long-range, grassroots planning effort for Sarasota, Florida; funded by three major community foundations. CLICK HERE FOR PDF FILE.
• CLEVELAND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS: Researched and wrote several grant applications for this leading charitable agency in Cleveland, Ohio (1999-2000). I have provided editorial and consulting services to this client since 1991.
• ADVANCED SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT by Charles C. Poirer (Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 1999, ISBN 1576750523): Provided editorial services and consulting on this major contribution to logistics science and management.
• MOORE & ASSOCIATES: Have provided writing, editing, and consulting services to this management consultancy for over 10 years. Most recently, have helped prepare sales and marketing presentations for AutoPalletP3, an innovative software package that optimizes pallet-loading in large distribution operations.
• THE VENICE FOUNDATION (now Gulfcoast Community Foundation of Venice): Annual reports, press releases, research studies, and website design and content for this $170 million community foundation in Venice, Florida, one of the largest community foundations in the southeastern U.S. (1996-2000)
• PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS MANAGEMENT CONSULTING (1999): Editor of an article on how companies are transforming their corporate organizations to accommodate rapid e-commerce developments (now part of the book MetaCapitalism: The e-Business Revolution and the Design of 21st-Century Companies and Markets).
• RAF WINGS OVER FLORIDA: Editor of this 258-page book authored by Will Largent, my late father-in-law. The book presents reminiscences by World War II British and U.S. fliers who were trained as cadets at two bases in south-central Florida. Published by Purdue University Press in October 2000. CLICK HERE FOR THE BOOK LISTING ON AMAZON.COM.
• INTERSYTE, INC.: Brochure, website, and proposal copywriting for this now-dissolved Tampa firm providing Internet-based applications and information technology consulting; also have served as editor of several distance-learning courses being prepared for the Life Underwriting Training Council, a major provider of professional training for the insurance industry (1999-2000).
• i2 TECHNOLOGIES / DELOITTE CONSULTING: Promotional pamphlet (prepared with The Grove Consultants) and white paper highlighting consulting and technology capabilities for retailers (1999-2000). CLICK HERE FOR PDF FILE SHOWING THE PUBLICATION'S COVER.
• ACCENTURE (FORMERLY ANDERSEN CONSULTING): "Food and Consumer Goods: Accelerating the Value from Your Supply Chain" (1998), a marketing brochure.