Why Choose Me?
Many copywriters and editors will tell you they can meet your goals just to win your business. If they do win it, they may have to scramble to deliver on their promises.
My approach is different. I try to present an honest and professional response to your request. If it succeeds, I don't scramble to figure out how to deliver. I calmly go about meeting that request. I have been conducting business effectively this way for more than 30 years, so I know it works.
I follow well-proven principles in helping my clients communicate. One of the first to identify and use these principles was the ancient Greek thinker Aristotle, who presented them in his RHETORIC around 350 B.C.
The secret to success in written communication is not really secret, but success does require knowledge, talent, and experience. It always involves three elements -- sender (writer or speaker), receiver (reader, viewer, or listener), and message (what website producers now call "content"). Managing the relationship among these three elements is what a skilled writer or communicator does well.
This requires addressing such important questions as:
• At what level of education and knowledge will the communication occur?
• How much and what kind of detail does the listener or reader really need?
• What mix of words and graphics works most effectively?
• How do you avoid talking down to -- or over the heads of -- your audience?
• How do you make the message both concise and complete at the same time?
• How do you adjust the message for differences among print, audio, video, or web?
• How do you test your message before committing it to mass distribution?
If you're looking for a professional, affordable way to communicate effectively in words on paper or in electronic media -- or help in teaching staff and management how to do this -- contact me. I can provide many benefits to you and your organization: